Mattapan Moving For Life
To promote the utilization of community resources for physical fitness, the Coalition is establishing an annual Mattapan Moving for Life fitness event. The event will include:
- Opportunities for non-competitive and family friendly walking and running.
- Traditional and non-traditional physical activities including dance, yoga, and stretching.
- Nutrition demonstrations.
- Local physical fitness and sports programs as well as health promotion organizations and agencies will provide enrollment and health information.
Mattapan Moving for Life 2013
Download the flyer and help us get the word out!
Tips for Getting 60 Minutes of Physical Activity
- Make an appointment with yourself to do some activity you like
- Find something to do that you enjoy and find a partner to do it with you
- Share the MFFC fitness goals and activities
- Park your car further from your destination
- Try something new
- Work on your balance – stand on one leg while leaning on a wall
- Go for a walk after dinner
- Do things that are fun
- Take the stairs
- Be sure to also talk with your friend or neighbor about healthy eating as well